Sunday, October 18, 2009

How the love began...

I found out about Sisterlocks about a year and a half ago, when I was doing a search about natural hair. At the time, I was still relaxed, but had the intention of going natural very soon. I wanted to know everything about the care and maintenance, challenges and style versatility of natural hair before starting the journey myself. When I saw pictures of Sisterlocks on the corporate website, I thought "Those look nice," but at the time I was not considering any type of locs as an option for myself. On June 27, 2008 I did the "big chop" and cut off all of my relaxed hair leaving about 1/2 inch of natural hair. Since that day I have been in love with my hair and all that it can do in a loose state...but every few months, I would find myself searching for pictures of Sisterlocks and blogs of others on their loc journey. What started off as a passive interest became a passion, and by August 2009 (specifically after viewing this blog: http://blaqkofi.blogspot.com/) I had made the decision that Sisterlocks were in my hair future!

This blog will be for anyone who is interested in learning more about this wonderful locking technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment